It goes without saying, that car accidents can happen to anyone, anywhere and anytime. After such accidents, taking your car to a smash repair shop is not only important, but it is also absolutely necessary. Furthermore, these smash repair service providers are adept at handling the damages that have occurred to a car and restoring it to its original condition. However, even though you can find a slew of smash repair services in Sydney, choosing the right one can be a daunting task.
Before taking your vehicle to the nearest shop, there are several important factors you need to consider first. If you aren’t sure whether your smash repair service is up to scratch, here are five tips to help you figure it out.
1. Pressure tactics- You should never feel pressured by your smash repair service provider to get more work done on your car than what you originally approved. Furthermore, bad smash repairers might use high-pressure tactics to scare you into paying for additional services that might not be necessary.
2. Training- One of the common mistakes people make when choosing a smash repair service is not checking whether they are trained. Furthermore, make sure you look for smash repairers who invest in their education by staying on top of trends, new certifications and industry news.
3. Rude behaviour- Customer service is the key to turning a one-time client into a repeat customer. Furthermore, don’t deal with any auto body shop that has rude and impolite staff. Besides, their attitude towards you is often reflected in the quality of the repairs they make on your car.
4. Poor appearance- Is the auto body shop neat, clean and organised or is it messy and sloppy? How do the technicians, receptionists and managers look? The appearance of the auto body and its staff are definitely a metric to use to determine the quality of service. Before choosing a smash repair service provider, make sure you check whether their staff wears proper clothing and whether the shop looks neat and clean.
5. Evasive behaviour- When you ask for a price estimate from the smash repairer, the professional should be able to provide you with a written or printed copy of the estimated prices. However, if the smash repairer is evasive in their explanations, or they are unwilling to give a written estimate until they have taken your car apart, it is a sign something is not right.
While these were some of the warning signs your smash repair service in Sydney should not be trusted, there are many others, such as too many delays, no warranty among many others.